Saturday 15 September 2012

Well I Never!



It has been exactly one calendar month when I last posted, during that time I have had my sensible days and my bad days in respect of my diet. Yes I have still enjoyed the odd packet of crisps - quite a few actually, teacakes and hot cross buns, and yes I could go on. 

Aka  POOR WILLPOWER.  

However, I have recognised that these have been bad days, and thrown a few good days into the balance.  You could say my food diary has been a combo of naughty, extremely naughty and sensible, if you want to split hairs.

I am not one to follow a regimented diet, I know what's good and what's bad, and I know it's all about proportions. I may not lose as much weight as the regimental diet followers but it is coming off slowly and surely. What more can a fatty ask for!

I visited the Chemist's weighing scales today, popped off my shoes, inserted my coin and waited with trepidation. I have had a B**CH of a week and I thought yes, let this be the bitter cherry on my already stale cake, I was ready for it since bad luck happens in three's, and I had already had two, suspecting I was about to experience the third. Besides my food habits are not synonymous with dieting by any stretch of the imagination, so I was expecting the worse. So there I stood awaiting the bad news.

I happen to glance at the screen mid calculation and I couldn't believe what I saw, you could have knocked me down with a feather. I blinked and it was gone.  DAMN! Tell me to step off and collect my printout, I thought impatiently. I stepped off the scales as instructed, grabbed at the printout like a fatty on a mission. Yes the ticket  confirmed what I saw . . .  my blubber was minus 5lbs. Whoa, I could have done a little merry dance there and then.

So a total of 11lbs I have lost, okay it's over a period of about 6 mths but am happy with that. A loss is a loss, is a LOSS.

What I loved about seeing my ticket is it pushed me exactly 5lbs under the dreaded stone, I have been battling to move from. It's been like having a ball and chain for years. Now I feel like am getting somewhere and this has really spurred me on. Another 3lbs and I will have lost a stone. I have still got quite a long way to go but am rearing to go.

I have to say I feel so excited as I hovered over the same stone for about five years on and off. One year I done exceptionally well, then put it all on the following year and remained at that particular stone ball ground.

I KNOW I can do it now!

My next goal is to get that 3lbs off for a total of 14lbs weight loss, sounds great when you put it like that.

As a sidenote, I just celebrated with a pack of crisps. I know . . .  am incorrigible.

Until Next Time 

Missy Fatty

"Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems but then again neither does milk."
 




3 comments:

  1. Hey You! I am really far behind on my blog reading (obviously) and posting. Apparently so are you!

    8-)

    My Weight Watchers leader said something at a meeting recently, she said if you trip on the top step of a staircase, you don't throw yourself down the rest of it, same way just because you eat something you shouldn't, doesn't mean you have to continue eating everything that isn't nailed down either. I love this and it has kept me on track a fair bit. I thought it might be of use to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! What have you been up to the past 3 months? Hope you are fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just throw away the scale and tell yourself you can do it. I know you can ;)

    ReplyDelete

Fatty Wants To Hear From Ya